Friday, February 4, 2011

Programming and TIme

I've recently been learning how to program. I started with a language named Visual Logic (it's really a learner language and has very little functionality) then I learned some Visual Basic (unfortunately it's Microsoft so it's really not so fun...) But now I'm learning C on Mac. Anyways, besides all that the thing I want to express with this blog is what it really takes to be a programmer.

To be a programmer you need creativity, patience, attention to detail, an analytical thought process, vision, more patience and most of all to be a perfectionist in your work! Because even if 99.9% of your program is perfect, and one semi-colon is left out, it could crash. That is in my opinion what it takes to be a programmer.

Another topic I would like to talk about is time and it's relationship to programming. You sit down to do a little work on a project or try to solve a problem, but before you know it you look at the time and 3 hours has past. What? It feels like I just sat down. I'm pretty sure almost every programmer has experience this and it's something that reassures me that it's something I like to do. Because you know what they say, "Time flies when you're having fun!".

No comments :

Post a Comment