Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why I like Jazz

I was asked recently by someone who hates Jazz why I like it? It got me thinking why do I like it? I came to the conclusion that in order for someone to like Jazz they have to understand it.

I love Jazz, but I've only liked it since I started playing piano. At first I only admired Jazz pianists for their technique, because I consider Jazz piano the most difficult kind of piano. Then as I learned more and more about music I started to like Jazz more and more, and branched out to other types of Jazz, besides piano. And I liked it. As I kept learning more and more about music, I liked Jazz more and more. So for me Jazz is a musician's music.

One other reason why I like it is the ability of the music and the artist to paint you a picture without using words. It's like a book as opposed to a movie, one shows you the picture and the other leaves it to you make any picture you want to.

I had this thought a couple of days ago and thought I should write it down.


No comments :

Post a Comment